Friday 13 September 2019

Dear creative women,

I’m writing to you from Portugal where I am with some French friends I made while I lived in that beautiful country and am travelling with them visiting places from my country of origin.

I knew I was going to be away for most of September and I was also conscious that I was already running late from our previous challenge, so I decided to do something very simple in response to be image from Lydie. I so wanted to finish it before I left England at the beginning of September but I did not manage. I do however trust I will have it done by the end of the month. But here goes a phot of what I have done so far.

I love tulips and so the image caught me straight away and I wanted to work with the tulip form rather than with some associated off shoot. I am also very taken by the idea of standing in one’s own difference and so the image was a fabulous combination.

I decided to make six individual depictions of the tulip form, five of which are created in simple more traditional techniques including appliqué, machine stitching, hand stitching and two variants of fabric painting. And then the sixth one, quite different, being a technique I was exposed to recently of working with layers of silk and cut out work.

They will all be hanging from the same holding top piece. As you can see not all are complete and they are not in their final order. I’m also not sure of the background colour of my silk sixth, I’m tempted to give it a yellow background.

But for the moment here goes and I will send the finished image once I’m back home.
Happy times to you all,
Ana 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Ana glad you are having a wonderful time in Portugal. I love your new piece - so clean and very fresh. I look forward to seeing how you put it all together. Enjoy the rest of your trip. Keep well. xxx

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave your name if you make a comment. Thank you.