Sunday 29 December 2019

Message from Stephanie


Dear friends

I apologise for my silence over the last month.  I knew it would be a difficult time and I also know, and appreciate, that you are all very understanding.  I spent some of the holiday working in the homeless shelter in Bristol and met some amazing people.  Some people have such awful lives and it puts my own into perspective!

I have started work on Fran’s photo, but I shall be a bit late in posting it.  I will, however, catch up as soon as possible and I already have an idea inspired by Ana’s photo.

I have been amazed by all the pieces you have been posting and by such a variety in what we all see when we look at a photo.  I can only agree with all the comments made by you all.  It will be a fantastic exhibition. 


Cheres amies

Je m'excuse pour mon silence du mois dernier. Je savais que ce serait une période difficile et je sais et apprécie également que vous êtes toutes très compréhensives. J'ai passé une partie des vacances à travailler dans le refuge pour sans-abri de Bristol et j'ai rencontré des gens incroyables. Certaines personnes ont des vies si horribles et cela met la mienne en perspective!

J'ai commencé à travailler sur la photo de Fran, mais je serai un peu en retard pour la publier. Je vais cependant rattraper mon retard dès que possible et j’ai déjà une idée inspirée de la photo d’Ana.

J'ai été étonné par toutes les pièces que vous avex poster et par une telle variété dans ce que nous voyons tous quand nous regardons une photo. Je ne peux qu'être d'accord avec tous les commentaires. Ce sera une exposition fantastique

2 comments:

  1. Hello Stephanie
    Glad to have you back. ❤ We all understand that this is a difficult time of year for you and we have been thinking of you often. No apology required - just work when it feels right and share your next piece when you are ready.
    Volunteering at a shelter is a wonderful thing to do and certainly emotionally very difficult. I am sure you made a lot of people feel a whole lot better with your kindness.
    Keep well. I look forward to seeing your next piece when the time is right.
    Love Claire x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stéphanie Heureuse de te retrouver .
    Le bénévolat nous permet de découvrir un autre univers ,souvent difficile face à une certaine réalité.
    Tu as raison cela nous permet de relativiser nos propres problèmes
    Je suis d'accord avec Claire ta douceur et ta gentillesse : un réconfort pour eux .
    Prend ton temps pour ton travail nous le découvrirons avec plaisir .
    A bientôt Amitié Lydie

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave your name if you make a comment. Thank you.