Monday 24 June 2019

What a delight once again to see the creativity generated by Stephanie’s image. One by one they have come in and I am always taken aback with the individual beauty of how the same image stimulates each one of us so differently.

The first one in, from Denise, with the use of used fabrics, combining a form from the original image with that circle that has more of a atmospheric quality, very clever and beautiful.

Fran, what a fabulously tactile looking piece. I love the way you have given the piece the atmosphere without defining anything specific. Your use of colours capture the mood of the original image so beautifully. You have such an ability to bring about the atmospheric essence - I so enjoy seeing your work.

Stephanie, I so love the way in which you have expressed the wetness, the depth of image and the mood. I so wanted to produce that rainy look in my creation and I failed miserably. Will you please run a workshop sometime on that specific skill ðŸ˜„😄? I always find your work so attentive to detail - it portrays the specific in such a beautiful way! 

And then came in Lydie’s. I read all the various materials you used and am amazed. My first response is Wow! I have so much to learn and experiment with, how very exciting! Really like the abstract and atmospheric quality of your piece.
And thank you Lydie for our next image with the mischievous intruder - I smile and am already enjoying the fun element of my creation.

As for my piece I am still working in it. It’s all hand stitched and is taking longer than I imagined. And it is another one that I hope will work out in the end as it’s something new I’m trying. But I hope to finish it before the end of the month.

This group continues to be such a stimulating one for me. It’s a challenge every time but even before I start I am eager to see what will emerge from each in the group including myself. It’s like finding hidden treasure! What a delight!




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for your lovely comments and thoughts Ana - I am glad you are allowing yourself the time you need. Looking forward to seeing you soon. xxx Claire

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave your name if you make a comment. Thank you.