Sunday 22 September 2019

White flowers with a red poppy. Fleurs blanches avec un coquelicot rouge.


When I saw the photo of the tulips I knew what I wanted to do. 


I walk my dog along the riverbank near to where I live quite regularly and have been taking photos of the different flowers that I see.  During the Spring and early Summer there are many white flowers.  There was also a bank of red poppies nearby. 

I drew randomly on white cotton without worrying about the scale of the particular flowers and then painted them.  I added a few more with some applique pieces.  Then, as usual, I stitched heavily.



 
  



















Quand j'ai vu la photo des tulipes, j'ai su ce que je voulais faire.


Je promène mon chien le long de la rivière près de chez moi régulièrement et prend des photos des différentes fleurs que je vois. Au printemps et au début de l'été, il y a beaucoup de fleurs blanches. Il y avait aussi une banque de coquelicots rouges à proximité.


J'ai dessiné au hasard sur du coton blanc sans me soucier de l'échelle des fleurs, puis je les ai peintes. J'en ai ajouté quelques autres avec des appliques. Puis, comme d'habitude, j'ai cousu lourdement.


Here is a detail:


4 comments:

  1. Wow, Stephanie - it is beautiful You have captured the gentle softness of the white flowers along with the striking red poppy. It is going to look wonderful with the others.
    I can just imagine you walking with Barney up that steep slope!Love Claire

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, Stéphanie - qu'il est beau. Tu a capturé la douceur douce des fleurs blanches avec le coquelicot rouge frappant. Ça va être magnifique avec les autres.
    Je peux imaginer que tu marches avec Barney sur cette pente raide! Love Claire

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh quel beau panneau Stéphanie, c'est vraiment superbe ! Je dois reconnaître que j'envie un peu tous ce beau piqué libre, le mélange des fleurs blanches très douces avec tout à coup ce coquelicot qui semble surgir pour nous pousser à aller plus avant. J'adore !
    Bises. Denise.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its lovely Stephanie, really makes me think of spring and all those lovely blossoms. And the contrast of white with the pop of the poppy is just fabulous. Fran

    ReplyDelete

Please remember to leave your name if you make a comment. Thank you.